Saturday, October 19, 2013

Gluten-Free Banana Bread





I love banana bread.  My mom and grandma used to always bake banana bread when we'd have ripe bananas.  So here is my take on gluten-free banana bread.

Ingredients:
  • 3-4 large or 4-5 medium bananas medium ripe (some brown spots) smashed
  • about 1 cup sugar (can use less 3/4 cup)
  • 1/3 cup melted butter
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour (I use Gluuteny flour)

What to do:
  • Set your oven to 350*
  • Mix the bananas and melted butter together
  • Add the sugar, egg, vanilla, then baking soda and salt - beat with hand mixer on medium speed
  • Add in the flour slowly to the mixture and beat with hand mixer
  • Put in a 4x8 pan
  • Bake for 1 hour
  • Eat delicious banana bread!
Let me know what you think!

This can also be made with regular flour if you wish (but it wouldn't be gluten free!)

With Love,
Mel

2 comments:

Allison @ Mrs. Southern Mama said...

Looks amazing!!! I was referred to your blog for your recipes and I'm excited to check it all out!!!

Unknown said...

That's great to hear Allison! :) It tastes so good, you'll have to let me know if you make it! You'll have to check out my other recipes too - especially the pie crust one, it works really well! :)