Saturday, July 20, 2013

Small Changes, Big Rewards: Not all Pasta is Created Equal


I just had my first trip in over a year to Olive Garden on Friday. [I can't believe I just said that...]  Olive Garden used to be a monthly trip at least for me as I indulged in breadsticks, dipping sauce, and could only bare to take a few bites of the amazing, Capellini Pomodoro.  I decided to give my spot a try, knowing they have gluten free pasta.  I ordered the Penne Pomodoro.  As I anxiously awaited my meal I figured it would taste just like any other GF pasta, but I was wrong.  It was, and I'm usually positive but I have to be 100% honest, it was terrible.  It fell apart in my mouth, was over cooked, and tasted like cardboard.  I would've been better off making my own pasta.  The sauce wasn't even that amazing. I was totally disappointed.  :(

I've tried a few different pastas to make at home, here are some of my favorites [no particular order]:

1. Quinoa [Ancient Harvest]
2. De Boles
3. Le Veneziane
4. Tinkyadn

Don't waste your time on Schar GF pasta, there are plenty of other good ones out there too!

What are some of your favorites?

With love! Mel

No comments: