Wednesday, March 20, 2013

mel's buffalo chicken quinoa bites

When I cook I usually never ever use a recipe.  I cook like my grandma and just throw everything together and just "eye-ball" it.  I've told so many people about this recipe so I decided to make them tonight and write down exact measurements (well, close anyway!) so that everyone can have the true recipe!

When I first began to be gluten-free I visited my friend Carly and she had made these earlier in the week.  I asked her if they were GF and she said yeah so I tried one and fell in love!  I didn't have the recipe so, being the analyst that I am, I decided to make my own.

Here is the recipe: [let me know if you make them and if you like them too!]


Mel's Buffalo Chicken Quinoa Bites



What you will need:

  • 1 Rotisserie Chicken (or cooked 2 chicken breasts)
  • 1 cup Quinoa [I used Arrowhead]
  • 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese [I use Sargento Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese]
  • 1/2 large onion 
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 cup Frank's Hot Sauce [use less to make it less spicy!]
  • 2 TBSP Ranch Dressing [I use Ken's]
  • 1 TBSP Honey Mustard [I use Koops Honey Mustard]

What you do:
  • Put 1 3/4 cup to 2 cups of water to boil on the stove
  • While the water is heating up clean off the quinoa in the sink by running water through it in a strainer
  • Once the water runs through clear and all are washed [you can buy pre-washed too] add that to the water even if it hasn't boiled yet
  • Set your timer for 15 min
  • Preheat the oven to 350*
  • While that is cooking, pull apart the chicken so it's "stringy"
  • Place that in a bowl and chop up the onion
  • Add in the onion, cheese, and eggs, and by this time your quinoa should be about done
  • Add the quinoa to the bowl and mix all together
  • Add the hot sauce, ranch, and honey mustard and mix everything together
  • Put the mixture into a muffin tin [spray if needed beforehand with olive oil, I usually don't]
  • Bake at 350* for 20 min
  • Enjoy!

1 comment:

Allison Ivy said...

Hi Melissa!

Love your blog! :)

You had brought quinoa mixed with veggies to work a couple of weeks ago ... and it looked delish. I remember you saying you had made it from scratch!

Could you post the recipe for this too?