Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Gluten Free Food at Aldi's!

Gluten free food can be expensive.  Trying to sort through which gluten free brands are best takes A LOT of trial and error.  On a recent shopping trip at Aldi's I found, and I'm not kidding, A TON of new gluten free items!  Now before they had brownies, cake mix, and a few other things, but now... they have so much more under the live G free brand.  So, I walked the whole store and found some great finds... cake mix, cookie mix, pizza crust mix, cornbread mix, pancake mix, brownie mix, sandwich wraps, frozen pizza, frozen ravioli, mac & cheese, pasta, breakfast bars, and more! 


The best thing is that the prices are great... I bought a few things to try, and my bill was so reasonable:

1. GF Pasta (100% corn).....$1.29
2. GF Frozen Ravioli.....$3.29
3. GF Mac & Cheese.....$1.49
4. GF Cheese Pizza.....$4.99
5. GF Brownie and Cake Mixes.....$2.99 each

The prices are great... so far I've had:

1. Brownies - Good, best in a smaller pan, doesn't taste GF at all!
2. Mac & Cheese - Ok, seriously... this is the best (gluten free) Mac & Cheese I've had (still doesn't come close to my old favorite shapes Kraft Mac & Cheese but hey... a GF girl's gotta do what a GF girl's gotta do)
3. Frozen Pizza - Ok guys save your time here it's mushy and Glutino has much better frozen Pizza.


I'm going to be putting my my favorite GF brands next - any suggestions on what you'd like to see?  Write me a message below!  I'd love to hear from you all :)

With Love,
Mel

No comments: