Monday, January 13, 2014

Homemade Hummus - Smoked Paprika Style





Hummus, it hits the spot doesn't it?  It's great with tortilla chips and vegetables.  I usually grab my favorite hummus when I'm at the grocery store, but decided it would be fun to make my own and know exactly what's going in it.  Here is my homemade hummus recipe that I used my Vitamix blender to make.  Enjoy!! :)


What to Gather:
  • 1/3 Cup Organic Tahini
  • 2 Cups Organic Chickpeas [I used canned organic]
  • 4 Cloves Garlic [I used the organic canned minced]
  • 6 TBSP Lemon Juice [you can use the squeezable lemon juice or 2 lemons]
  • 1/2 Cup Water
  • 1 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • 1 tsp Salt
  • 2-3 tsp Smoked Paprika 

What to do:
  • One step... ready? Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor, put in a bowl, top with the smoked paprika, and serve! [ok so that was 4 ;)]
Let me know what you think!  I'm going to try making Garlic Hummus next!



No comments: