Friday, July 12, 2013

good gluten-free morning: coffee


I LOVE coffee.  I mean, love.  My roommate in college introduced me to coffee freshman year of college.  Her family member worked for Starbucks, so we were equipped with all the syrups.  My roommate, however, took hers black.  It's been a few years since then and I can now too take mine black, but I'll never forget that first sip, sweet, grown-up drink... coffee :)

A little story:  When my roommate and I went on a vacation, we decided we had to have our morning coffee.  The place we were staying at had a coffee maker, but no filters.  So, being the smart girl that she is, she decided to use a paper towel, and I'll tell you what, that was the best coffee we ever had - and still talk about it till this day.

When I found out I have to be gluten-free, I had to give up my favorite bread but, I didn't have to give up my coffee.  I have gone through about 3 coffee makers and I couldn't make the coffee as well as my good friend.  So, I recently bought a Keurig.  I am so happy with it but was concerned if the K-Cups are gluten-free, so I did some research!

Good news... THEY ARE!  Here's what I found from the Keurig website:


Question
Do any of your K-Cup® packs contain gluten?
Answer
All of the coffees offered in K-Cup® packs are gluten and gluten by product-free. The Café Escapes French Vanilla Café-au-Lait K-Cup® pack contains small amounts of wheat. The Timothy’s Lemon Blueberry Tea K-Cup® pack contains malted oats.

For additional nutritional information on a particular K-Cup® pack, we suggest you contact the Roaster directly. 
::SIGH OF RELIEF!::
So, now, it's safe to say, all those out there using Keurigs that are gluten-free, you can indeed have a good gluten-free morning :)
enjoy! 
with love, mel

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Single cup coffee makers are really good as it may not cost so much and provides a great taste to your coffee.

Thanks
Finn Felton

Kopi Luwak